Agora Insights — Olympus Community Weekly Newsletter — Saturday 23 April 2022
What’s Up, Ohmies!!
Welcome back to the Agora Insights — our data-driven newsletter — made by Ohmies, for Ohmies!
- Treasury Dashboard Highlight — Treasury Deployment
- OHM Numbers at a Glance
Treasury Dashboard Highlight — Treasury Deployment
If you haven’t been keeping up with everything in the Olympus universe, you may not have seen that the Treasury Team within the DAO has been working tirelessly to put the Treasury to work for the Ohmies. As a result, a large chunk of the Treasury has been deployed across dozens of strategies (on several different blockchains) to take advantage of attractive opportunities within DeFi and accrue value back to the protocol.
In the end, the success of the protocol will stem from successful utilization of the Treasury, with value trickling down to token holders who have placed their faith in the DAO to execute.
You can check out the entire Olympus Treasury Dashboard HERE.
Numbers at a Glance
As we do each week, we returned to Delphi to gather up the latest protocol data and metrics.
You can access all of the enclosed charts and data at these wonderful Olympus Dune Analytics pages:
- Shadow’s OG Olympus Dashboard
- Fluidsonic’s Olympus Lookout Dashboard
- Edgecaser’s Olympus Give Dashboard
Please read on for this week’s numbers at a glance:
1. A Peek Around The Cryptoverse
1. Market Value of Treasury Assets: $418,641,118
- 7-day change: -$24,263,101 (-5.4%)
- 30-day change: -$2,806,713 (-0.6%)
The Dune Dashboard does not reflect the following:
- $24.4m of vlCVX
- $23.1m LUSD staked in Liquity Stability Pool
- $20m DAI staked in AAVE
- $10m DAI deployed on Rari Fuse
- $2.8mil of TRIBE
The Market Value of Treasury Assets shows the current market rate of all of the assets held within the Treasury, excluding vested tokens. This value will be more volatile than Treasury Risk Free Value as it encompasses all assets in the treasury and not solely stablecoins.
3. Risk Free Value of Treasury Assets: $235,737,101
- 7-day change: -$13,433 (-0.1%)
- 30-day change: +$1,021,145 (+0.6%)
As a reminder, when the supply growth of OHM outpaces the revenue inflow, RFV per OHM will drop — this is part of the motivation behind OIP-18 & OIP-63 as covered in the December 22nd edition of the newsletter.
3. Olympus Pro Treasury: $2,561,300
- 7-day change: +$13,961 (+0.5%)
- 30-day change: +$436,906 (+20.5%)
- 7-day revenue: $59,999 (annualized: $3,119,948)
- Current Olympus Pro Partners: 49
- The Olympus Pro Treasury holds the tokens of partner protocols that are utilizing the Olympus Pro platform. The tokens are generated via a 3.3% fee charged for use of the platform.
4. OHM Backing: $16.97 per OHM (Current OHM Price: $27.45)
The total backing per OHM shows the amount of Treasury assets per OHM token. Currently, ~62% of each OHM is backed by the Treasury.
- Liquid backing per OHM: $15.52 (excludes locked tokens)
- Risk-free backing per OHM: $11.88 (excludes all non-stablecoins)
5. Number of Ohmies: 82,715
- 9 April; 83,303
- 16 April: 83,011
- 23 April: 82,715
7. Current Runway: 548 days
At the current reward rate of 0.1587%, Olympus can continue to distribute OHM rewards for 548 days even if it stops bringing in revenue. That’s over a year and a half!
Opportunities to contribute — join us!
To get involved with what is happening atop Mount Olympus, join the DAO Discord.
Once you are in, head to the #dao-start-here channel and read the instruction carefully so that you can get assigned a role.
Have any questions? Just ask in the #general-dao channel and a helpful Ohmie will appear to guide you along your path.
Keep it (3,3), till next week Ohmies — with love from the Olympus Agora team.