Agora Insights — Olympus Community Weekly Newsletter — Saturday 19 February 2022
What’s Up, Ohmies!!
Welcome back to the Agora Insights — our data-driven newsletter — made by Ohmies, for Ohmies!
- Editorial — “The Game Is Already Won”
- Numbers at a Glance — Olympus Pro Strength, Runway remains above 600 days, Overall Market Volatility
Editorial - “The Game Is Already Won”
If you caught this week’s Community AMA, you heard Zeus outline his confidence in the Olympus Ecosystem, citing how the Treasury will be the driving force behind OHM becoming the reserve currency of DeFi:
“You’re able to wield the might of the treasury to manifest things like stability of the token — to manifest things like a premium on the token. There is no point of fighting the Treasury… the game is already won, it’s already over. It’s just a matter of getting it right.”
While it can be easy to be bogged down by price action, we encourage anyone who has taken an interest in Olympus to remain focused on what the Ohmies are building — An econOHMy built using OHM as the underlying currency.
View the AMA here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1301356827
Numbers at a Glance - Olympus Pro Strength, Runway remains above 600 days, Overall Market Volatility
As we do each week, we returned to Delphi to gather up the latest protocol data and metrics.
You can access all of the enclosed charts and data at these wonderful Olympus Dune Analytics pages:
- Shadow’s OG Olympus Dashboard
- Fluidsonic’s Olympus Lookout Dashboard
- Edgecaser’s Olympus Give Dashboard
Please read on for this week’s numbers at a glance:
1. A Peek Around The Cryptoverse:
2. Olympus Pro Treasury: $1,813,680
- 7-day change: +$13,374 (+0.7%)
- 30-day change: -$262,860 (-12.9%)
- Current Olympus Pro Partners: 38
- The Olympus Pro Treasury holds the tokens of partner protocols that are utilizing the Olympus Pro platform. The tokens are generated via a 3.3% fee charged for use of the platform.
3. Market Value of Treasury Assets: $479,554,490
- 7-day change: -14,394,625 (-2.9%)
- 30-day change: -$59,498,346 (-11.0%)
- 3-month change: -$298,439,551 (-38.3%)
The Market Value of Treasury Assets shows the current market rate of all of the assets held within the Treasury. This value will be more volatile than Treasury Risk Free Value as it encompasses all assets in the treasury and not solely stablecoins.
4. Risk Free Value of Treasury Assets (excess reserves): $244,294,789
- 7-day change: +$1,401,512 (+0.5%)
- 30-day change: +$22,490,332 (+10.1%)
- 3-month change: +$69,064,913 (+39.4%)
As a reminder, when the supply growth of OHM outpaces the revenue inflow, RFV per OHM will drop — this is part of the motivation behind OIP-18 & the recently passed OIP-63 as covered in the December 22nd edition of the newsletter.
5. Number of Ohmies: 85,361
- 5 February: 85,698
- 12 February: 85,662
- 19 February: 85,361
6. Current Runway: 633 days
At the current reward rate of 0.1587%, Olympus can continue to distribute OHM rewards for 633 days even if it stops bringing in revenue. That’s over a year and a half!
7. OHM Backing: $34.90 per OHM (Current OHM Price: $62.42)
The total backing per OHM shows the amount of liquid Treasury assets per OHM token. Currently, 56% of each OHM is backed by the Treasury.
8. Current Index: 84.797 OHM || Index Adjusted Price: $5,293.03
The Current Index measures your current OHM balance if you had one OHM staked since the first epoch. Index Adjusted Price (the price of gOHM) measures Current OHM Price multiplied by the Current Index.
The following table compares the difference in your current OHM balance based on your staking date:
The price of OHM on 15 June was about $204.28. If you staked one OHM since then, your stack would now be 19.951 OHM! OHM’s price today is around $62.42. Let’s find out what your ROI is:
- Principal: $204.28
- Value on 19 February 2022: 19.951 * $62.42 = $1,245.34
- Principal gain = $1,245.34 — $204.28 = +$1,041.06
- ROI = ($1,041.06 / $204.28)*100% = +509.6%
Investing in OHM back in the middle of June would give you more than a 5x return today, even with the major retrace. The lesson here: DO NOT underestimate the power of compounding.
Opportunities to contribute — join us
To get involved with what is happening atop Mount Olympus, join the DAO Discord.
Once you are in, head to the #dao-start-here channel and read the instruction carefully so that you can get assigned a role.
Have any questions? Just ask in the #general-dao channel and a helpful Ohmie will appear to guide you along your path.
Keep it (3,3), till next week Ohmies — with love from the Olympus Agora team.