Agora Insights — Olympus Community Weekly Newsletter — Friday 25 March 2022
What’s Up, Ohmies!!
Welcome back to the Agora Insights — our data-driven newsletter — made by Ohmies, for Ohmies!
- Treasury Dashboard Highlight — $106.9 Million Annualized Revenue
- Numbers at a Glance — OHM Rebound, Steady Treasury Growth
Treasury Dashboard Highlight — $106.9 Million Annualized Revenue
THIS is what a diversified and predictable revenue model looks like. THIS is what turns Startups into Unicorns. THIS is the Olympus Treasury.
Numbers at a Glance — OHM Rebound, Steady Treasury Growth
As we do each week, we returned to Delphi to gather up the latest protocol data and metrics.
You can access all of the enclosed charts and data at these wonderful Olympus Dune Analytics pages:
- Shadow’s OG Olympus Dashboard
- Fluidsonic’s Olympus Lookout Dashboard
- Edgecaser’s Olympus Give Dashboard
Please read on for this week’s numbers at a glance:
1. A Peek Around The Cryptoverse
1. Olympus Pro Treasury: $2,1124,394
- 7-day change: +$18,554 (+0.8%)
- 30-day change: +$239,556 (+11.4%)
- 7-day revenue: $70,011 (annualized: $3,640,572)
- Current Olympus Pro Partners: 42
- The Olympus Pro Treasury holds the tokens of partner protocols that are utilizing the Olympus Pro platform. The tokens are generated via a 3.3% fee charged for use of the platform.
2. Market Value of Treasury Assets: $421,447,831
- 7-day change: +$28,882,997 (+6.9%)
- 30-day change: +17,771,244 (+4.1%)
The Market Value of Treasury Assets shows the current market rate of all of the assets held within the Treasury. This value will be more volatile than Treasury Risk Free Value as it encompasses all assets in the treasury and not solely stablecoins.
3. Risk Free Value of Treasury Assets: $253,421,397
- 7-day change: +$402,654 (+0.1%)
- 30-day change: +$9,526,876 (+3.9%)
As a reminder, when the supply growth of OHM outpaces the revenue inflow, RFV per OHM will drop — this is part of the motivation behind OIP-18 & the recently passed OIP-63 as covered in the December 22nd edition of the newsletter.
4. OHM Backing: $26.16 per OHM (Current OHM Price: $38.12)
The total backing per OHM shows the amount of Treasury assets per OHM token. Currently, 69% of each OHM is backed by the Treasury (nice).
- Liquid backing per OHM: $23.38 (excludes locked tokens)
- Risk-free backing per OHM: $17.78 (excludes all non-stablecoins)
5. Number of Ohmies: 83,760
- 12 March: 83,913
- 19 March: 83,735
- 25 March: 83,760
7. Current Runway: 583 days
At the current reward rate of 0.1587%, Olympus can continue to distribute OHM rewards for 583 days even if it stops bringing in revenue. That’s over a year and a half!
8. Current Index: 101.206 OHM || Index Adjusted Price: $4,011.17
The Current Index measures your current OHM balance if you had one OHM staked since the first epoch. Index Adjusted Price (the price of gOHM) measures Current OHM Price multiplied by the Current Index.
The following table compares the difference in your current OHM balance based on your staking date:
The price of OHM on 15 June was about $204.28. If you staked one OHM since then, your stack would now be 24.764 OHM! OHM’s price today is around $38.12. Let’s find out what your ROI is:
- Principal: $204.28
- Value on 25 March: 24.764 * $38.12 = $944.00
- Principal gain = $944.00 — $204.28 = +$739.72
- ROI = ($739.71 / $204.28)*100% = +362.11%
Investing in OHM back in the middle of June would give you more than a 3.6x return today, even with the major retrace. The lesson here: DO NOT underestimate the power of compounding.
Opportunities to contribute — join us!
To get involved with what is happening atop Mount Olympus, join the DAO Discord.
Once you are in, head to the #dao-start-here channel and read the instruction carefully so that you can get assigned a role.
Have any questions? Just ask in the #general-dao channel and a helpful Ohmie will appear to guide you along your path.
Keep it (3,3), till next week Ohmies — with love from the Olympus Agora team.